PROBLEM: You’re managing a client’s Facebook page (as a designer, social-media consultant, and/or re-seller) and you want an easy way for your client to view your Facebook page remodeling efforts and offer feedback before you go live with the new designs, etc.
SOLUTION: Utilize Hy.ly’s QA Tab in the Tab Building/Editing process to publish your changes to a Test Page of Facebook, allowing you and others to witness adjustments without risking a mistake or unwanted change on your “Live” page.
More on this solution after the break…
How to Use Hy.ly’s QA Tool
1. First create a phony Facebook page to use as your QA Test Page.
Log on to Facebook, and then use this link, http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php.
2. Using the Hy.ly Tab Builder, establish your recently created page as your QA Test Page.
Access the appropriate page and tab, and go to the “Publish” step to do this.
3. Activate the QA Tab on your Facebook Test Page.
Click the obvious green button…
4. Your QA Test Page is now active and operational!
Notice that you now have two sets of tabs, indicating that you are making changes to a test page as opposed to the actual Facebook page:
5. Now all saved changes are saved to your Test Page.
You can direct interested parties to your phony Facebook QA Test Page so that they may witness your design/text changes before you implement them on the real, “live” page.
6. Make your QA Test Page changes permanent with just a few clicks.
Under the “Publish” step, make your changes permanent by clicking “Publish to Live Production Page” and then “Apply QA Changes.” Your changes are now live for all to see.
In the “Publish” step under “Publish to QA Test Page” click the “Restore” button and your QA Test changes will be deleted and your Test Page will be reverted to the set up of your live Facebook page. Begin your editing process anew.